[HeXen] Badguys not retaining alerted status upon return to a map
Bad guys are incorrectly loosing their alerted status when the player returns to a map they have previously been to (i.e they aren't staying woken up and targeting the player as they do in Vanilla).
#1 Updated by vermil almost 8 years ago
Separated from this report as I fear it risked being buried: #1821
#2 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
- Related to Bug #1821: [Hexen] Monsters do not always awaken (Seven Portals and elsewhere) added
#3 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
- Tags set to SaveGame, Hexen, PlaySim
#4 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
- Category set to Regression
#5 Updated by vermil almost 8 years ago
A Death Wyvern that kills it's target and then has none (which I imagine can only happen in MP), proceeds to circle the specific area where it is, until it spots a new target, at which point, it resumes following it's path.
However, this issue of bad guys not retaining their target when the player returns to a map, allows this to occur in SP with the specific Wyvern on Hypostyle; it looks like Wyvern's can't re-target a dead mobj (the Ettin is the Hypostyle Wyvern's first path target); as a result, I wonder if the Hypostyle Wyvern path was ever tested in MP.
#6 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
The Wyvern might be a good debugging case. If it's not resuming its flight plan, that indicates its state, or the flight targets mobjs', was not correctly restored.
So this problem only appears when traveling between hub maps, not when saving and loading the game normally?
#7 Updated by vermil almost 8 years ago
It is only when travelling between hub maps. Save games do not appear to exhibit this issue.
#8 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Category changed from Regression to Vanilla emulation
- Target version set to 2.1 (Late 2018)
#9 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Related to Bug #2227: [HeXen] Crash during gameplay at DK_Map08 (Constable gate), going through portals while Heresiarch is attacking added
#10 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Assignee set to skyjake
- Priority changed from High to Urgent
#11 Updated by skyjake over 4 years ago
- Related to Bug #2261: Mobj cross-references not always fully restored after loading a save added
#12 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Target version changed from 2.1 (Late 2018) to Vanilla / Gameplay