Feature #7: Next-gen renderer (codename "Gloom")
Per-pixel surface shading (bump/specular/reflection etc. mapping)
Bump/Specular/Enviroment/Reflection/Procedural mapping for models/walls/flats.
Would greatly enhance the look of Doomsday.
#1 Updated by skyjake over 9 years ago
- Subject changed from Bump/specular/reflection etc. mapping for materials to Bump/specular/reflection etc. mapping
#2 Updated by skyjake almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
#3 Updated by skyjake about 8 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
#4 Updated by skyjake about 8 years ago
The new model renderer (#8) supports this via shaders. Local light vectors are provided to the model for determining per-pixel lighting.
The situation is trickier with world surfaces, as it will require redoing the lower (GL facing) parts of the renderer completely — this is in the plans, though.
#5 Updated by skyjake about 8 years ago
- Subject changed from Bump/specular/reflection etc. mapping to Per-pixel surface shading (bump/specular/reflection etc. mapping)
#6 Updated by skyjake about 7 years ago
- Target version set to Rendering
#7 Updated by skyjake over 6 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Progressed