Support for 8-bit and run-length encoded TGA images
Currently doomsday can not load and use TGA textures that contain 8bit alpha channel only data.
Examples: jDRP Particle00.tga and Particle23.tga
- Category set to Regression
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee changed from Deng Team to skyjake
- Target version set to 2.2.x
This would be useful to improve support for old resource packs.
- Subject changed from Support for alpha 8bit TGA textures to Support for 8-bit and run-length encoded TGA images
libgui has a newer TGA loader that supports RLE in addition to plain RGB/RGBA. However, it is not used for particle textures.
The old TGA loader should be revised to use libgui's better implementation instead.
- Related to Bug #2380: [Linux] Errors when loading resources from PK3s added
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Target version changed from 2.2.x to 2.3
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Updated to 3281 through flatpak, but I get the same warnings, those TGA's still can not be loaded.
The unstable Flatpaks aren't yet updated in sync with the rest of the autobuilder. I'll rebuild it now and you can update it then.
Why doomsday shows build number 3281 if it is not updated?
Perhaps it's a build config bug? I'll check if the Flatpak build correctly sets the build number.
Yeah that was the problem. The Flatpak builds didn't set the build number in the build configuration, so at runtime it would always show the current day's build number.
Also available in: Atom