Color adjustment should only apply to game view
Dday's brightness options affect the entire screen, even when windowed.
This can make it difficult to multitask while Dday is open.
- Tags set to DisplayMode
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Category set to User experience
We are currently applying color adjustments using the system APIs, which work on the entire display and typically can't be confined to a window. Therefore, this is working as intended and I'm making this a feature request.
The solution would be to apply the color adjustments manually using a shader in one of the post-processing Lens FX passes. (This would also be useful in the related linked issue.)
- Subject changed from Brightness options affect entire screen to Color adjustment should only apply to Doomsday window or game view
- Related to Feature #2123: Option Needed to tailor the anaglyph effect for TriOviz Inficolor Glasses... added
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version set to Rendering
- Related to Bug #2411: Monitor color adjustment via platform-specific APIs is unreliable (e.g., Windows 10) added
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to skyjake
- Target version changed from Rendering to 2.3
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
The color adjustments are now done via a shader, and only apply to the game view.
- Subject changed from Color adjustment should only apply to Doomsday window or game view to Color adjustment should only apply to game view
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom