Feature #1648: Complete vanilla DOOM emulation
Feature #1603: Support for id Tech 1 map hacks
[Doom] "Doomsday of UAC" invisible stairs not climable
Doomsday of UAC is one of the most famous early Doom pwads, partly because it features the earliest known example of the self referencing sector hack, used to create both invisible stairs and a floating Cyber Demon.
However, Doomsday has never supported the self referencing hack in the way it is used to create the main body of the mentioned stairs. Thus this famous pwad has never been playable through in Dday (and I don't just mean visually, I mean actually playing it through).
#1 Updated by vermil over 7 years ago
To make clear, I'm not raising this issue because Dday has never visually rendered the stairs correctly; the issue is that Dday has never created the physical stairs correctly.
#2 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Subject changed from [Doom] Doomsdy of UAC' invisible stairs not climable to [Doom] "Doomsday of UAC" invisible stairs not climable
#3 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Tags set to MapData, Gameplay, Doom
- Target version set to Modding
#4 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version changed from Modding to Vanilla / Gameplay
#5 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Parent task set to #1603
#6 Updated by skyjake about 3 years ago
- Related to Bug #2258: [Doom] Falling through 3D bridges added
#7 Updated by skyjake about 3 years ago
- Related to Bug #587: [Render hack] Plutonia 2 map11: 3D bridge does not construct added