Sound effects lower pitch and longer at higher frequencies
in the pk-doom-sfx-20090830 addon pack
the files sound deeper and seem longer than they are than if you are playing it in a different audio player
dspdiehi.wav is 256kp/psec @ 32kHz
maybe deng doesn't support the frequency?
Labels: Sound Effects
from the pack
We should compare results with those of the DirectSound plugin to determine whether this is our problem or SDL_mixer's (I'm inclined to think the latter).
recording from in doom
Apparently, this issue persists in the current release, at least with playback via FMOD.
- Status changed from Closed to In Progress
- Target version changed from 1.9.0-beta6 to 42
- % Done changed from 100 to 50
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from In Progress to Progressed
- Tags set to SFX, Audio, Resources
- Category set to Defect
- Target version set to 2.1 (Late 2018)
- Status changed from Progressed to Resolved
- Assignee set to skyjake
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
Testing with 2.1 and the FMOD low-level API all SFX frequencies, including 32 kHz, seem to be working as intended.
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom