Feature #1648: Complete vanilla DOOM emulation
Feature #1603: Support for id Tech 1 map hacks
[Render hack] Alien Vendetta map09: Arched upper textures (facing an unclosed sector)
Not sure how often this hack is used, but it seems to be related to using unclosed sectors. In Map09 of Alien Vendetta, in the central courtyard of the castle, there is an opening leading out. The skulls/upper textures above the opening form an arch, but in Doomsday, the arch isn't symmetrical. Attached is a screenshot.
- Category set to 3rd party compatibility
- Assignee changed from Deng Team to skyjake
- Target version set to 2.3
- Category changed from 3rd party compatibility to Vanilla emulation
- Subject changed from [Render Hack] Arched upper textures in Alien Vendetta Map09 to [Render hack] Alien Vendetta map09: Arched upper textures
- Subject changed from [Render hack] Alien Vendetta map09: Arched upper textures to [Render hack] Alien Vendetta map09: Arched upper textures (facing an unclosed sector)
Haven't investigated this yet, but it could also be an issue in Doomsday's BSP builder. Another possibility is that something is going wrong with the skymask polygons.
Here's a hack from Map23 of AV. Is this based off the same hack listed here from Map09? This is at -200, 1600, along the walkway. You'll notice that some of those stones up stop have holes in them, and the sky is bleeding through them. Looking at the map, they are also facing an unclosed sector, like the Map09 arches.
Also available in: Atom