Model asset for player weapons (model.weapon.*)
model.thing.* assets represent objects in the game world,
model.weapon.* would represent the "psprites", i.e., so called HUD weapons.
Positioning is important with player weapons. The model should use viewport dependent positioning and traditional view bobbing to replicate the appearance of the original game sprites (for a vanilla feel).
- Related to Feature #8: New GL2 based model renderer added
- Related to deleted (Feature #8: New GL2 based model renderer)
- Follows Feature #8: New GL2 based model renderer added
- Due date deleted (
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version set to 2.0 – Home UI & Packages
- Start date changed from 2013-10-12 to 2015-06-20
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
The missing feature here is the positioning: vanilla bobbing is missing, and the model should be able to provide its own bobbing animation for when the player is walking.
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Precedes Bug #2194: Enhanced player weapon 3D model animations (VR compatible) added
- Description updated (diff)
- Tags changed from 3DModel, Assets to 3DModel, Assets, Weapons
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
I consider this good enough for the 2.0 release.
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom