This issue is a shortlist of possible/pertinent optimizations that could be applied for better performance and/or memory usage.
#1 Updated by skyjake about 8 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Gridmap traversal (#1639) => uses relational structure for spatial indexing represented with pointer chains (dereferencing overhead and branch prediction stalling)
- GLState::push() => 2 * dynamic allocation (pool state data?)
- Log::enter() => linear allocation of LogEntry (pool entries?)
- P_Ticker calls Material::Animation::animate() unnecessarily for non-animating materials => heaviest single function by a wide margin when rendering a simple scene (Doom 2 MAP01)