Windows installer using WiX Toolset
Doomsday's Windows installer is currently based on Inno Setup. However, WiX Toolset would enable a better installer with modularization and integration with Windows' native installation system.
There is an old work branch for this (
- Related to Feature #1877: [Updater] Use Sparkle for automatic updates (on OS X) added
- Related to Feature #1887: Migrate project build system to CMake 3 added
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to skyjake
- Target version set to 42
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
CMake supports WiX, so unless significant customization is required, we can switch to an
.msi installer quite easily.
- % Done changed from 50 to 70
- Target version deleted (
- % Done changed from 70 to 90
cmake-build can package a WiX installer. The only thing missing is to fine-tune it and tweak the metadata and appearance of the installer.
- Target version set to 2.0 – Home UI & Packages
- Status changed from In Progress to Progressed
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Status changed from Progressed to In Progress
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
Also available in: Atom