Option for particle generator to hide sprite
I would like to request the addition of a field to particle generators that stops the sprite rendering during the state or maybe even permanently past that point.
#1 Updated by skyjake over 9 years ago
- Tags set to Particles, Sprites
- Subject changed from Option for particle gen to disable sprite rendering to Option for particle generator to hide sprite
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
Is the objective to effectively completely replace a sprite with particles? If so, would this only affect sprites or should it be applicable to any mobjs, even if they are shown as 3D models?
#2 Updated by danij over 9 years ago
Note that in the past mod authors have used a "null model" definition for this purpose.
#3 Updated by vermil over 9 years ago
The issue with using a blank model definition, is that it requires the user to have turned models on.
I'm also imagining that this generator flag will turn it ‘self on/off depending on whether the user has generators turned on/off.
#4 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Category set to Enhancement
- Target version set to Rendering
#5 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Related to Feature #1699: Particle renderer 2.0 added