Project

General

Profile

Bug #2312

3D Doom and Doom II models break in doomsday 2.1.x (env LC_NUMERIC)

Added by jesusda 10 months ago. Updated 2 days ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
High
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2018-12-24
% Done:

0%

Tags:

Description

Hi!

3D models are break in 2.1.x version. They are rendered as a 2D planes (look at the Player weapon on top and the monsters at the floor)
They work very well in 2.0.0

My sistem:
Debian GNU/Linux Testing

Doomsday - official packages from the download section

3D info:
Intel integrated GPU - Mesa DRI Intel Haswell
Version - 3.0 Mesa 18.1.9

The Heretic and Hexen 3D models works totally fine.

Thanks a lot.

doom1-000.png (1.25 MB) doom1-000.png 3D Models break jesusda, 2018-12-24 19:03
doom1-001.png (1.36 MB) doom1-001.png jesusda, 2018-12-24 19:04
Captura de pantalla_2018-12-31_00-23-46.png (689 KB) Captura de pantalla_2018-12-31_00-23-46.png Doomsday 2 with 3D object mistake jesusda, 2018-12-31 01:25
doom1-000.png (1.19 MB) doom1-000.png jesusda, 2018-12-31 11:08
heretic-000.png (961 KB) heretic-000.png heretic 3d mistakes jesusda, 2018-12-31 11:18
heretic-001.png (1.14 MB) heretic-001.png jesusda, 2018-12-31 11:34

History

#1 Updated by jesusda 10 months ago

In addition, I sent you a screenshot of the Main Menu. The options are not correct rendered when not selected. They are rendered as black while in Doomsday 2.0 they work as fine.

#2 Updated by skyjake 10 months ago

This might be explained by incompatibility with your OpenGL driver. Doomsday 2.1 requires OpenGL 3.3. Does you graphics driver support it?

#3 Updated by jesusda 10 months ago

skyjake wrote:

This might be explained by incompatibility with your OpenGL driver. Doomsday 2.1 requires OpenGL 3.3. Does you graphics driver support it?

I think yes:

$ → glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Desktop
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.1.9
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 18.1.9
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 18.1.9
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

The "core profile" is 4.5, but "version string" is 3.0.

Is this correct?

Thanks a lot!

#4 Updated by skyjake 10 months ago

According to that information, OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile (that is used by Doomsday 2.1) should be supported, yes.

Another possible issue could be the locale settings. Does anything change if you start doomsday with the LC_NUMERIC=C environment variable?

#5 Updated by jesusda 10 months ago

skyjake wrote:

According to that information, OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile (that is used by Doomsday 2.1) should be supported, yes.

Another possible issue could be the locale settings. Does anything change if you start doomsday with the LC_NUMERIC=C environment variable?

Doing some testing:

With doomsday 2.0 the problem appears in some 3d objetcts (see the screenshot).
I'll try with latest version and I'll tell you.

#6 Updated by jesusda 10 months ago

jesusda wrote:

skyjake wrote:

According to that information, OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile (that is used by Doomsday 2.1) should be supported, yes.

Another possible issue could be the locale settings. Does anything change if you start doomsday with the LC_NUMERIC=C environment variable?

With LC_NUMERIC=C and Doomsday 2.1.1 all works fine!
Thanks a lot Skyjake!!!

#7 Updated by jesusda 10 months ago

... but sadly, HERETIC and HEXEN now fails!!!

:_(

How can be this possible?

#8 Updated by jesusda 10 months ago

Finally, I think I have the solution:

+ LC_NUMERIC=C
+ Doomsday 2.1.1
+ CLEAN ALL DATA from ~/.doomsday/runtime/configs

Finally, all work as expected!

Thanks a lot!

#9 Updated by skyjake 9 months ago

  • Subject changed from 3D Doom and Doom II models break in doomsday 2.1.x to 3D Doom and Doom II models break in doomsday 2.1.x (env LC_NUMERIC)

#10 Updated by skyjake 2 days ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF