[HeXen] Possible mishandling of sector effect 200 (sky textures)
It seems that Doomsday handles sector effect 200 'Sky2 Mapinfo' differently from Vanilla HeXen.
In the below pwad in Vanilla HeXen, entering the sectors around sector 29, that feature this special seems to have no effect, but entering the sector in Dday causes Dday to switch from displaying both SKY1 + 2 to just SKY2. When the player then leaves the mentioned sectors with sector effect 200, Dday then only renders SKY1.
It almost sounds like a bugged sector special in Vanilla HeXen that Dday has 'fixed'. I personally don't recall this sector special being used in the Iwad maps, but I obviously haven't checked every map for the effect.
But yes, the behaviour of this sector effect appears different in Dday versus Vanilla.
#1 Updated by skyjake over 7 years ago
- Tags changed from Hexen, emulation to Hexen, Sky
- Subject changed from [HeXen] Possible mishandling of sector effect 200 to [HeXen] Possible mishandling of sector effect 200 (sky textures)
- Category set to Vanilla emulation
#2 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version set to Modding
#3 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version changed from Modding to Vanilla / Gameplay