[Doom] Lost Soul boucing accuracy in Ultimate Doom
As is widely known, a coding mistake meant that Lost Souls don't bounce off floors and ceilings in Doom1 + 2.
However, this was fixed in both Final Doom, Ultimate Doom and also Doom95 (which fixes the bug in all versions of Doom when ran through Doom95).
However, Dday only replicates the fix for Final Doom meaning it currently neither respects the original executables or Doom95 100%.
Something like this would be needed to mimic the original executables, with the bit in bold being the correction:
dd_bool const correctLostSoulBounce = ( gameMode doom_ultimate || gameMode doom2_plut || gameMode == doom2_tnt); "
#1 Updated by vermil over 7 years ago
- Tags set to vanilla, playsim, emulation
#2 Updated by skyjake over 7 years ago
- Tags changed from Vanilla, PlaySim, emulation to PlaySim, Doom
- Category set to Vanilla emulation
#3 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version set to Modding
#4 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version changed from Modding to Vanilla / Gameplay