[Doom] Pain Elemental Vanilla/Boom compatibility option
In Vanilla Doom, Pain Elementals can fire their Lost Souls through impassable barriers; this is taken advantage of on Map28 of Doom2.
However Boom changed the spawning behaviour of a PE's Lost Souls, which in turn both prevents Lost Souls being launched through impassable barriers and also prevents them being spawned at sharp vertical angles that Vanilla Doom allowed.
Dday has changed this behaviour to match Boom but currently offers no compatibility option to restore Vanilla Doom's behaviour (which is also expected by some classic pwads)
#1 Updated by vermil almost 8 years ago
Please disregard this report; Dday does have a compat option for this named 'Lost Souls can get stuck inside walls'.
It seems to cover both of the above behaviour differences, though I wonder if a more explaining name could be chosen (though admittedly I can't currently think of anything better).
#2 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
- Tags changed from Boom, Vanilla, emulation to Boom
- Category set to Vanilla emulation
#3 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
- Tags changed from Boom to Boom, Gameplay, Doom
- Subject changed from [Doom] Pain Elemental Vanilla/Boom compatability option to [Doom] Pain Elemental Vanilla/Boom compatibility option
#4 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version set to Modding
#5 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version changed from Modding to Vanilla / Gameplay
#6 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Related to Feature #1768: Boom compatibility added