Apply colored sector lighting by sector via DED
Many of Dday's visual effects (i.e generators, decorations, material glows etc) can be or are automatically applied to any map.
However, coloured sector lighting, aside from sky glow related, has always been locked to XG, which can't be easily applied to an already made map.
I wonder about the possibly of being able to apply coloured sector lighting to an already made map, either by material or on a sector by sector basis?
Naturally, the later would require ded's to be specifically written for the map in question, which would in turn require some sort of way of linking a definition to a specific map of a specific pwad, to be clean (i.e that would allow one single ded that contains coloured sector lighting for any number of pwads, rather than a separate ded for each map and/or pwad).
#1 Updated by skyjake about 9 years ago
- Tags set to Definitions, MapData, Mod
- Subject changed from Ability to apply coloured sector lighting by sector via ded to Apply colored sector lighting by sector via DED
- Category set to Enhancement
#2 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
- Related to Feature #1756: URIs for locating/identifying resources and assets added
#3 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Related to Feature #1620: XG 2.0 added
#4 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Target version set to Modding