Feature #2033: Runtime map editor
Game world debugger/inspector sidebar
When debugging gameplay issues, it would be helpful to see more information about objects visually in addition to just ID numbers overlaid on top of the game view.A new sidebar could be added as a debugging aid, for both developers and map authors:
- Add persistent "watches" on specific objects and surfaces, to see information boxes displaying their state.
- Highlight when values change.
- Trigger a breakpoint when a certain value changes (?).
- Edit state values on the fly (?).
This would essentially be a GUI for the
inspect* console commands.
#1 Updated by skyjake almost 8 years ago
- Parent task set to #2033
#2 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Target version set to Modding