[Linux] Linking error when old libs exist in /usr/lib
When building the engine, ld uses the binaries found in /usr/bin instead of build dir.
I have found that this is because qmake prepends "-L/usr/lib" to LIBS (in each Makefile), which causes it to search for libdeng1.so, libdeng2.so, etc, in /usr/lib first and then in the build dir where the newest libs are.
I believe it's possible to prepend the correct paths to QMAKE_LIBDIR instead of LIBS, but it just seems like an ugly hack.
#1 Updated by skyjake almost 10 years ago
- labels: --> qmake, Builder
- status: open --> accepted
- assigned_to: Jaakko Keränen
- Priority: 3 --> 5
#2 Updated by skyjake over 9 years ago
- Tags set to qmake, Builder
- Subject changed from Linking error on linux when old libs exist in /usr/lib to [Linux] Linking error when old libs exist in /usr/lib
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version deleted (
#3 Updated by skyjake over 9 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to New
#4 Updated by skyjake about 9 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Defect
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Target version set to 1.14
- % Done changed from 0 to 100