Indication of scrolling menus
with the new scrolling menu's people will not know that it gos further down that you can actually see on the screen. I had trouble realising that.
I suggest some text to tell the user that there is more options hidden down below. Maybe an arrow? maybe "..."?
#1 Updated by skyjake over 9 years ago
- Tags set to Menu, UI, Animation
- Subject changed from scrolling menus to Indication of scrolling menus
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to User experience
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
The implementation of menu scrolling definitely needs improvement, but so does the entire game-side UI mechanism. Ultimately it should all be based on Doomsday's UI framework.
#2 Updated by skyjake over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
In long game menus, the cursor position is retained in the middle of the screen while the menu items scroll around. For now, I think this is a sufficient solution for the issue.