No sound effect played when pressing F7 or F8
When pressing F7 to end the game or F8 to toggle on/off messages, no switch sound is played. A switch sound played in these two spots in Vanilla Doom.
Labels: Bindings, Menu, Shortcuts
#1 Updated by skyjake over 10 years ago
- labels: --> Bindings, Menu, Shortcuts
- priority: 5 --> 3
#2 Updated by skyjake over 10 years ago
Decreasing priority as this is a minor flaw.
It is relatively simple to play a feedback sound at the appropriate times (e.g., msg-show changed). Potential pitfalls:
- Making sure sounds are not played unless a game is loaded (not in busy mode).
- Avoiding double playback: the menu plays sound effects for selected items, for instance when selecting the End Game item.
- The "endgame" binding could directly play the sound via a command (which sound id, in each game?).
#3 Updated by skyjake over 9 years ago
- Tags set to Menu, SFX
- Category set to Minor detail
- Target version deleted (
#4 Updated by sonicdoommario about 9 years ago
Wanted to add to this that no sound effect is played (a switch sound) when pressing F1 to bring up the Help screen or when pressing F10 to bring up the prompt to Quit the game.
#5 Updated by skyjake almost 6 years ago
- Target version set to Input and game controllers